Setting up Email on Thunderbird
Configuring your email client: Thunderbird
Follow the instructions below to setup your email address on Mozilla Thunderbird.
After you install Thunderbird onto your computer, you will be presented with a screen as below:
- Click on the “Skip this and use my existing email” button.
- You will be presented with a screen like below. Enter the fields as required:
Your name: Your full name and surname
Email address: Your full email address
Password: Your email password
- Once you have completed the fields, press the Continue button as indicated below.
- Thunderbird will now attempt to configure the email account. Immediately, press the “Manual Config” button as indicated below:
- After you click on the “Manual Config” button, the screen below will be displayed.
Adjust the values in the screen, to these settings:
Your name: Enter your name and surname
Email Address: Enter your full email address
Password: Enter the password for your email address
Server Hostname Port SSL Authentication Incoming: POP3 mail.domainname.co.za, where domainname.co.za is the name of your domain. 110 None Autodetect Outgoing SMTP mail.domainname.co.za, where domainname.co.za is the name of your domain. 587 None Autodetect Username This is where you enter your full email address
- Thereafter press the “Re-test” button. Thunderbird will then verify all the settings that you’ve just entered.
- Once this has been done, click on the button “Done”. Your email account is now setup.