Setting up Email on Windows 10
Configuring your email client: Windows 10
- When setting up Mail for Windows 10 for the first time you'll see the screen below. Click 'Get Started' (if you've set up an account for Windows 10 before, please skip to step 3).
- On the next screen, as shown below, click 'Add Account'.
- If you've set up an account in Mail for Windows 10 before then you'll see this screen instead:
- From here, click on 'Accounts' on the left and 'Add account' from the menu which appears on the right.
- You'll now be asked to choose an account. Scroll down using the scroll bar on the right. Choose the bottom option- 'Advanced set-up' by clicking on it.
- On the next screen, choose the 'Internet email' option by clicking on it.
- You'll now be prompted to enter/choose the following details (not all of these options will be visible on the screen at once but there is a scroll bar to the side which you can use as you progress through the steps.):
Account name - This is just a nickname or 'label' for the account. For example, if this is your work account you might choose the label 'Work'.
Your name - This should be the way you want your name to appear to people who receive emails from you.
Incoming email server – Type in this: mail.domainname.co.za where domainname.co.za is your domain name.
Account Type - Click on the dropdown and choose 'POP3'.
- Email address – This is your full email address, all in lowercase letters.
Username - This is your full email address, all in lowercase letters.
Password - Enter the password for the email address
Outgoing (SMTP) email server – Type in this: mail.domainname.co.za where domainname.co.za is your domain name.
- Finally on this screen there are four tick boxes as follows:
Put a tick on :
Outgoing server requires authentication
Use the same username and password for sending email
v Remove the tick from:
Require SSL for incoming email
Require SSL for outgoing email
- It should now be confirmed that your account was successfully set up!
You can now click on 'Done' to complete the setup wizard.