Setting up Email on Outlook 2010
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2010
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Select File from the top menu bar and then Info.
- Click on the Add Account button.
- On the Auto Account Set-up screen, click Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click the Next button.
- Select Internet E-mail and click the Next button.
- Next, fill in the account information, using the following details:
Your Name: Enter your name -- this is the name that will be displayed to recipients of your sent messages.
Email address: This is your email address.
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: mail.domainname.co.za, where domainname.co.za is your domain name.
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.domainname.co.za, where domainname.co.za is your domain name.
Username: This is your email address.
Password: Enter the email password
- Remove the tick from the checkbox, “Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button”
- Now, click the More Settings button.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab and ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is selected, as well as Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab. Verify that the port numbers are set to the following:
- The Incoming server (POP) port is set to the default (110)
- The Outgoing server (SMTP) port is set to 587
- Click OK and then click on Next.
- Then click on Finish.
Test the new email account to verify that you can send and receive mail, by clicking the Send/Receive button.