Setting up Email on Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express
- Launch Microsoft Outlook Express
- On the menu bar at the top, select Tools and then click Accounts
- Click Add, and then click Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard screen.
- Enter your name and surname (which will appear the “From” field in your emails), then click Next
- Enter your email address, then click Next
- Select “POP3” as the incoming server type.
- Enter the POP and SMTP server information:
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.domainname.co.za, where domainname.co.za is your domain name. SMTP or sending server (SMTP): mail.domainname.co.za, where domainname.co.za is your domain name.
Then click Next
- Click Finish
- You will be returned to the Internet Accounts screen. Select the recently created email account (mail.domainname.co.za), and click the Properties button. Then click on the Server tab.
- Ensure that the “My server requires authentication” checkbox is ticked. Then click on to the Advanced tab.
- Ensure that the Outgoing Mail port is set to 587 and the Incoming Mail port is set to 110
- Click OK
- Test the new email account to verify that you can send and receive mail, by clicking the Send/Receive button.